My objective is to advance software to solve "creative" problems normally performed by humans like writiing a book, drawing a picture, or finding semantics bugs in software:
- Binding machine-readable databases of human knowledge.
- Integrating symbolic reasoning into programming languages and libraries.
- Designing more natural user interfaces in applications.
The Anderson School at UCLA 9/2000 – 6/2002
M.B.A., in Technology Entrepreneurship
- Awarded Dean’s Fellowship.
- Near-perfect GMAT score of 790/800; highest in class.
- National Black MBA Association (NBMBAA) Case Competition – 1st place team out of 34 business schools.
- Webmaster for class website. Involved in Entrepreneurship Association, High-Tech Business Association.
B.A. cum laude, Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, 1994
Chaminade High School
- Most outstanding student in Mathematics and in Science (out of ~400 students).
- Certificate of achievement for top 1% in English and Spanish.
- Highest standardized test scores in school.
SoftPerson, LLC 2002 - Present
Founder Sammamish, WA
- SoftPerson develops software applications with artificial intelligence to automate creative tasks, such as writing, program analysis/conversion, and graphics, usually thought to be within the sole province of man not machine.
- Business plan was selected as a finalist of 2002 New Venture Championship National Business Plan Competition in Portland - one of 15 finalists in nation.
Microsoft Corporation 6/1994 – 8/2000
Software Design Engineer Redmond, WA
- Designed and developed PivotTables and XML features for Excel 97 to Excel 2002 in C.
- Granted US Patent 6,626,959. “Automatic formatting of pivot table reports within a spreadsheet”
- Most productive developer in Excel 97, writing ten times the code of the median developer and six times as much as the nearest non-assembler developer.
NYNEX (Science and Technology – R&D Division) 1991-1994
Software Developer Intern White Plains, NY & Cambridge, MA
- MCSD and MCSE certification (1997 – 2000) for solution development and network administration.
- Microsoft C# MVP (2007) for “.NET Undocumented” blog (one of the most popular C# blogs from 2002-7)
- University of Washington, Masters of Management of Technology Program (part-time, 1999)
- TechEd talk (2000) “Creating Scalable Data Analysis Solutions with Office 2000 and SQL Server 7.0 OLAP Services”
- Lang.NET presentation (2009) “Static Analysis with NStatic”
- Triple Nine Society (High IQ Society – for scoring far above 99.9%ile cutoff in SAT, GRE, GMAT)
- Member of Association of Software Professionals (06/2000 – present)
- Member of ACM and IEEE Computer Society
- Full-stack developer with business knowledge and wide technology exposure.
- Systems: Windows, Linux, OSX (all three from both the user and developer level)
- Application: C#, C++/C, Win32, WPF. Exposure to Qt
- Mobile: iOS (Objective C, Xamarin), Android (Java), WP7
- Web: HTML/CSS/JS, ASP.NET MVC, jQuery, AngularJS.
- Server: IIS, NT, MS SQL Server
- Others: Cloud computing, mathematical software, graphics design.
- Exposure to alternative Linux-based stacks like Ruby on Rails and many others